Liz, Becci and Andrew doing a Christmas collection at Asda Rochdale
“Our team aims to be a positive influence for change for landlords and tenants by our efforts and achievements. We are proud of what we have been able to accomplish by listening and responding to the individual needs of the people that use our services” (Andrew, Chief Officer).
Bond Workers’ Team
- “To see somebody succeed, makes it all worthwhile,” Louise, Project Worker.
Becci and Emily outside The Bond Board office with Andy Parton- one of our accredited landlords.
- “I think it’s important for us to continue to develop the scheme to ensure that we can keep meeting the needs of our customers and adapt, so that the service continues for years to come and my aim is to look at new ways of doing this,” Ross, Private Sector Housing Co-ordinator.
- “My aim is to help develop and deliver initiatives and effective working relationships with both tenants and landlords to successfully maintain tenancies and increase independent living especially for the under 35’s who are restricted by the LHA rates,” Emily, Letting Out Project Assistant.
- “I provide information, advice and guidance to young people to enable them to make informed choices regarding housing education, employment and training as well as providing practical support such as opening a bank account or registering with a doctor or dentist”. Mary, Progression Coach.
Ross, our Letting Out Co-ordinator, raising funds for our client independence fund by car washing.
- “I have got a lot back from volunteering. It keeps me in touch with the world of work and I have learnt new skills. But most of all I enjoy working as part of a team and meeting new people. It is really satisfying to do something useful in my spare time”. Sue, Rochdale Office Volunteer.
- ” I enjoy working as part of a team that helps people in need. During my time at The Bond Board, my confidence in my skills and knowledge has improved greatly and there is also the opportunity for training”. Fozia, Rochdale Office Volunteer.
Making the Link
- “In my role as lead worker for the floating support team, I want to make sure that we give the best possible support to residents in Rochdale to enable them to gain independent living skills, increase their resilience and improve their quality of life, health and housing. I understand the difficulties our clients face, trying to get by on low incomes whilst dealing with additional challenges such as enduring health problems, debt and lack of employment. The aim for myself and the team is to support people to deal with their circumstances and empower them with the knowledge and skills they need to cope, move on and thrive”. Beth, Making the Link Lead Worker.
- “I am motivated by making a difference to our client’s lives. I enjoy providing support and advice to both clients and landlords”. Laura, Trainee Support Worker
- “In my role as a Community Involvement worker at the Bond Board, I facilitate the ‘Quids In’ groups where we offer advice and support to deal with any crisis that Private Rented tenants or homeless households are experiencing. We also provide education on issues such as budgeting, healthy lifestyles and benefits and bring services to the group, including Rochdale Council Benefits Team , Living Well and Mind to offer advice and ongoing support.I enjoy the interaction with the public and am happy to offer advice and support as needed”. Debi, Community Involvement Worker.
- “My aim is to support the on-going success of the Bond Board, seeking opportunities to create and develop services, attract funding and build on the work we do in partnership with others. The needs of our client group and the commitment of our staff and volunteers motivates me to support the continued success of The Bond Board”. Alison, Bond Board Development Worker.
Business Support Team
- “I am passionate about my job and consistently strive to deliver a better service and to respond to the need to equip ourselves for change and to keep looking forward,” Sandra, Business Support Development Officer.
- “I am committed to ensuring we can deliver services to those affected by homelessness and it always gives me great joy to know about the differences we make to people’s lives,” Wendy, Business Admin Worker.
Louise, Andrew and Wendy collecting donations from Tesco.