How it works
The Bond Board provides landlords and Letting Agents with a Bond Guarantee instead of asking tenants to pay a cash deposit.
If we are able to offer you a Bond Guarantee, we can give you help looking for a suitable property and talk to landlords for you about accepting a Bond Guarantee.
You can apply for a Bond Guarantee if you can say yes to all four of these questions:
- Are you 18 years old or older?
- Are you currently homeless or due to become homeless?
- Are you claiming benefits, or are you on a low income and getting benefits to help with your rent?
- Do you have a ‘local connection’ to Rochdale or Bolton?
A local connection includes:
- living and being settled in the area for at least 6 months or 3 years out of the last 5.
- working in the area or having close family members in the area.
Bond Guarantees during Covid 19
Unfortunately, our offices are currently closed and we are only able to offer a limited Bond Guarantee service during Covid 19.
- You can only apply for a Bond Guarantee if you have been living in one of the Bolton homeless hostels for 6 weeks or more or
- If you had already been accepted for a Bond Guarantee before Covid 19 and you have found a potential property to move into, please Contact us
- You will need to contact Rochdale Boroughwide Housing’s Homeless department in the first instance. They will assess your circumstances and may refer you to The Bond Board for a Bond Guarantee if they think that is the best housing option for you. Find their contact details HERE