How it works
The Bond Board provides landlords and Letting Agents with a Bond Guarantee instead of asking tenants to pay a cash deposit.
If we are able to offer you a Bond Guarantee, we can give you help looking for a suitable property and talk to landlords for you about accepting a Bond Guarantee.
You can apply for a Bond Guarantee if you can say yes to all four of these questions:
- Are you 18 years old or older?
- Are you currently homeless or due to become homeless?
- Are you claiming benefits, or are you on a low income and getting benefits to help with your rent?
- Do you have a ‘local connection’ to Rochdale or Bolton?
A local connection includes:
- living and being settled in the area for at least 6 months or 3 years out of the last 5.
- working in the area or having close family members in the area.
Please complete the Eligibility Checker below to see if you are eligible for a bond. If you are eligible, you will need a referral code to make an online application using the button below. You can either contact our Bolton office (01204 546130) for a referral code if you want to refer yourself, or you can ask an organisation you are working with (such as a hostel or the homeless department). Please note when you complete the online application it will take you to the eligibility checker again first, to make sure you still meet the criteria).
If you are a family, please register with Housing options first to get a housing options plan in place. See more details HERE
- We are not accepting new referrals for Bond Guarantees in Rochdale at this time, but we can provide advice about your housing options and where to look for properties. Please call us for more information and advice on 01706 342404.
- If you have found a suitable, affordable private rented property to move into a need a Bond Guarantee, please complete the eligibility checker below. If you are eligible, please contact us and we will discuss this further with you and if appropriate, give you a referral code to apply for a Bond Guarantee.
- Further information about why we have changed our approach to the Bond Guarantee in Rochdale can be found HERE