Local Housing Allowance tells you how much help you will get towards your rent from either Housing Benefit or Universal Credit if you are going to rent from a private landlord. The amount you get depends on several things, including:
- How old you are
- How many bedrooms your household needs
- What area you want to live in
- How much money you or any other adult in the house have coming in
- Whether you are affected by the Benefit Cap
- Whether there any deductions being taken from your benefit.
From April 2020, the Government has increased the maximum amount of Local Housing Allowance you can get. If you are looking for a private rented property you should always get advice about how much help you could get with your rent before you sign a tenancy agreement. This is to make sure that you can afford the rent if you are on benefits or a low income and that you don’t have to pay a lot on top to your landlord.
If you are looking for a private rented tenancy in Rochdale or Bolton and need advice about how much help you might get towards your rent, CONTACT US before you sign a tenancy agreement.
Back to news